20110418

Monday



I walked outside today and breathed in the rain hanging.  
Smelled like Spring for the first time even though it's been official for almost a month.
I walked outside today and turned my head, that brave neck stiff from sleeping.


I like sleeping so much lately.  It's cause I'm scared.


In my dream we were in a big hotel-- all of us, and mostly strangers-- i hung from the ceiling, it was covered with fun things, i grabbed at them.  I was lost in elevators.  Late and wandering deep carpets.


After yoga this evening, my neck still stiff, but now aware of the other tension in my body, and the breath of the "who-am-I? Don't know" which makes me want to laugh, as real things often do.  I took a wrong turn and drove slowly through a street marked "farming community."  The rain was still hanging.  I stopped in a cemetery, found a nice round tree and sat beneath it.  The headstone in front of it-- a freemason and his wife-- he died the day I was born.


I come back to this house where today a strange man lingered in the backyard.
He saw me see him through the blinds.  I come back to this house where I hide in this box that lights up from within.  Is it cause I'm scared?  
I roll my neck back and forth.
There are stacks of boxes.
It should be easy.
The rain hangs.









2 comments:

  1. In my dreams a house
    It was three stories
    With a large spiral staircase
    Through the middle
    Like a great hall
    The sun bounced round
    To the garden
    The food of the light
    Always to the garden
    Bounced round
    One story to the east
    One to south
    One west
    Always in the light
    For the garden
    Through the hall
    The large spiral staircase
    In the house
    That leans on the hill
    In my dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rains came and the winds did blow my hair
    The water came to the house and wash my ankles
    My computer left and let me alone
    to see what I could see blind
    and hear with no ears
    as I lay in the dark wet windy times
    I think of days once here and gone
    I think of day break when the sun comes to play
    again
    when song and story touch my face
    again
    and those eyes smile at me
    again

    ReplyDelete