20110203

words fall from the body
drops of sweat
syllables on the ground, the cement
letters crash and break and trickle down into cracks
into the spaces between molecules
the gravity


if i close my eyes to see you
will you look back

if i cannot give you words
will you understand


so close and so far; everything's
been said but not been done
and my arms are long so i can reach
so i can push and pull

there is nothing left to do but play
with my body and mind;
i left all other tools behind
and my fingers keep a little purple log
of the days.

i'm antsy
grasping through the spiderweb one time before a break
torn between types of connections
hoping you'll understand but knowing what has to be

needed; wanted but
i can not always reach you how you want me to reach you
so let me reach you from the center
in a new way; an old way
in the right way

all these words have been silly and distracted.  the emails rushed
the thoughts scattered
but your words touch me like fingertips
like light like darkness from your eyes
so i understand

i keep going and going because i don't want to stop.
it is the pain in my back that will move me from this spot today.
to stretch in the sun.
to move things with my arms.
to take down the tent and roll it tight
and maybe revisit the tears that rise
like sweat
to fall and break
like little
ceramic
cups

to punctuate the moment and then
soak down and evaporate up
sink and raise


i love you; i miss you
what does it mean
i know you; i have known you
i will know you

i love you
i know you
i love you

i see you
i've seen you
i've been you
and even now
when i sit to strengthen
the pictures in my mind
it is eyes
that i see
that look back at me

1 comment:

  1. "so let me reach you from the center
    in a new way; an old way
    in the right way"

    reminds me to look within and work on oneself...the best way to spread joy.....when one is strong and resonates harmony it tunes others to this vibration...we always know this....but life seems like a spiral...always coming back again......

    ReplyDelete